Recently took my bike to Steve for a repair/ service and have been very impressed with both the speed and quality of service. The bike now runs perfectly and Steve has been great to deal with through the whole process. Highly recommended !!
We provide a full range of professional bike maintenance and repair services. Although we're capable of dealing with any type of bike, we've chosen to specialise in serious road, triathlon or touring bikes. Our maintenance workshop is fully equipped to deal with any problem - anything from truing a wheel to a full strip down.
We'd recommend a full strip down and rebuild at least once a year. This will help prevent seized bottom brackets and seat pins. Many bikes have been assembled using the wrong type of grease in the wrong place which results in such seizures. That said, we have successfully extracted seized components from frames where the local bike shop have suggested the bike should be scrapped. A full service will also ensure your brake and gear cable outer casings are renewed which also gives you the chance to renew your bar tape!
We work on an hourly rate but you can see our price guide for common jobs here.
If you rely on your bike to aid your performance in time trails, road races, sportives or long tours then let The Cycle Mechanic take care of it.
We can undertake Shimano Di2 fault finding, re-configuration and firmware updates.
SOME TIPS FOR BETTER BIKE MAINTENANCE
- Let us service your best bike over winter when you're not using it
- Likewise, let us service your winter bike in summer when you're not using it!
- Keep your brake pads and rims clean. Give them a clean after every ride. This will help reduce rim wear. We rebuild a lot of wheels that have perfectly good hubs but worn rims. Happy to do that though!
- Check your chain with a chain wear guide once a month. Changing your chain at the right time can prevent excessive wear and prolong the life of the rest of your drive train.
- Keep your drive train clean and lubricated.
- Don't use a pressure washer or high pressure hose when cleaning your bike. You could end up driving gunge and water into your hubs, bottom bracket and freewheel. Use gentle cleaning and rinsing.
- If you notice a problem with your bike, don't put off getting it fixed. A stitch in time and all that.
Trek Emonda SL
New BB90 bottom bracket bearings and seals and service
"Fred" ready with lower gearing
Custom build with latest Ultegra Di2 and hydraulic disc brakes
Pinarello Razha K
Custom build from client supplied components
Planet X Exocet2
Pre season tune up
Specialized Secteur Sport
Full service inc. new bottom bracket and gear hanger
Resolved problem with incorrectly fitted bottom bracket which was causing a myriad of problems including loose crankset and poor gear change.
New PF4630 BB and service
Giant Defy Allux
Total strip down and rebuild with new freehub, rear hub bearings, cableset etc
TREK Madone 5.2
Extract broken expander, new cableset
Specialized Tarmac Pro
Full service including new headset and BB30 bearings, cable set, chain, cassette